Thursday, May 31, 2007

Don't say vinigar.

Today we had a multicultural free lunch in school. I try to be open minded, so I went and ate and was sick. I think I am allergic to other cultures. All the things I thought I knew had been made in some strange way that requires egg. Everything that should have been safe I tried, and it wasn't.

So I come to chemistry. I want to make this clear; I love chemistry. I'm good at it. (aside from having no concept of a "light flame" in the lab) That said, this was the longest 80 minutes of the year. The conversation swayed to the strength of naturally occurring acid.

"Ya, natural acids aren't usually that strong," said my (here unnamed) teacher. "Like citrus. Y'know orange juice, lemonade. Jill, you did a project on that didn't you?" As he spoke to Jill about her project, my stomach revolted against the thought of food.

"Hrulgluralg"

"What about vinegar, Sir?"

"Hrulgluralg"

"No Vinegar is too weak to do anything much."

"What if you drank it?"

"Hrulgluraloooralag"

"You'd throw up, well, I'd throw up. Would you throw up Ryan?"

"Hrulgluralgbbbbbbrrrrrrrrngngngngg"

My head found it's way to the deep crevasses of my binder and decided not to come out for the rest of class. "Reff, fir"

*later*

"Ryan, how would you draw Propylcyclopropane?"

"Uh hringl iha higagh reagnf on"

"Correct, and how would you name a v-shaped hydrocarbon with a triangle on the middle?"

"Oo fi-oh rorl ropain"

"Correct"

"Anu fir"

"Are you OK Ryan?"

"Oh, fir"

"Sorry to hear that."

It is safe to say that while I really do hate to miss class, resource can go do four letter things to itself when I feel this bad, and I took the first bus that went in a more or less homeish direction.

2 comments:

Veda said...

I love this story! For those of you who have not had the privledge of witnessing the live re-enactment - you have to imagine that everything the frood doode says is muffled through his binder--the one he is face down on. Funnee!

Sienna Maiu said...

Oh poor you... atleast you umm... something. Somehow I don't think watching PoC that day did anything for you.